Washington residents love to send fresh caught, flash-frozen wild salmon to friends and relatives across the country. And Pak Mail loves to help them pack it up and ship it off so it arrives as good as the day it was caught. We also ship fresh-picked blueberries, blackberries, huckleberries and raspberries to luck berry lovers everywhere.
Don’t worry about packaging. We have Styrofoam boxes (ready made or custom made to any size) as well as freezer packs or dry ice if needed.
To ensure that perishables arrive fresh and yummy, here are a few tips:
- It’s best to ship perishables on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday so they don’t sit around over the weekend.
- Whenever possible, ship perishables for next-day delivery to minimize time in transit. Consider shipping to the recipient’s business so the package doesn’t sit on the doorstep.
- Keep items refrigerated or frozen until just prior to bringing them in for shipping. Our Fed Ex and UPS pick-ups are in the afternoon around 4, so if you can, bring them in an hour or two prior (more if they’ll need custom packaging). We have a refrigerator in-store so we may be able to keep your goodies cool until courier pickup.
- Freeze cakes before shipping to keep them solid. Wrap the frozen iced cake in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil to help keep it cold.
- Wrap and freeze cookies individually, then wrap them in heavy duty aluminum foil. We’ll bubble-wrap the bundle to minimize breakage.